Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Down with the Sickness

It all began late Wednesday night. I was home from juggling club, having just gotten a call from my friend Edris saying he needed me to take him to the airport at 6 the following morning. I told him I'd pick him up at 6:30 and I came home to an early bedtime. I did not sleep very well, coughing and having a lot a drainage and so on. The morning came (too early) and I did not feel very well, but wrote it off to simply being up too early. I drove to Norfolk and back (in record time, too). I was back at about 8:15 and decided to nap instead of go to class. I climbed into bed with all my clothes on, including a sweatshirt, but I was still freezing. This should have alerted me, but ah well. I went onto campus around 11 to go to lunch with my mom. I definitely wasn't feeling well. As we ate at Baker's Crust I felt cold and hot, alternatively, and began feeling rather feverish. I called for a health center appointment upon returning to campus and got one within the half hour. Sure enough, I had a fever of 101 degrees. They did a test for the flu, which came back negative. I was told to go home and drink lots of water and rest and treat the symptoms.

Thursday though the fever was high I didn't feel all that bad. I read and slept and watched some Doctor Who. Friday I felt pretty miserable. Still had the fever, and I couldn't do much of anything but sleep. I sweated through all my clothes sometime late Friday, then Jeff came to take care of me. Saturday I was still weak but feeling better. Still slept a lot, still had a fever. Suz came over and helped Jeff cook dinner. Sunday my fever was gone but I still just rested - though I actually went out to lunch with Jeff. He left after that. Monday I went to my one class and then slept the rest of the day. Today, Tuesday, I am still wiped but recovering energy, for sure. Took a long nap between classes but actually made it to both, and to critink!

And so, I have no clue how I got the flu or whatever it was, but I am recovering nicely. Hopefully it was swine flu so I don't have to have it anymore....

No comments: