Wednesday, July 22, 2009

veg veg veggies

Alright, so, I've decided to go vegetarian for the month of August!!! I will be out of town most of the time - on the West Coast, in cities where there's sooo much vegetarian food. I'm going on a road trip for 10 days with my vegan friend who is challenging all her friends to go veg for August, so that part will be a breeze with her there to help me out. I will not be going vegan though I have no objections to eating vegan whenever possible. I have signed a pledge at Peta.com to guilt myself into upholding this mission. Also, I have Twittered it so it's official. I almost feel like I want to start now, but it's not August yet, plus I just bought some turkey burgers and chicken enchiladas from Trader Joe's.

This is something that has been aggravating my mind lately - whether to go veg or not. There are many reasons to do so - health, environment, animal cruelty; all of which I'm concerned about. Recently I've gone down to about half of my meals being vegetarian. I think that a month of testing the waters should be a good thing. If it makes me feel good, physically, mentally, or all of the above, I might just stick with it. I intend to blog regularly on my trip on my trusty little netbook, Ceph (short for Bucephalus, Alexander the Great's horse), and will keep you updated on my veg pledge.

No comments: