Friday, January 18, 2008

some things I found that are true

"you are seventeen million miles away, you know.
i calculated it - one mile for everytime i missed you." - same ghost

And that's an understatement.

" Sometimes I get up early and even my soul is wet.
Far away the sea sounds and resounds.
This is a port.

Here I love you.
Here I love you and the horizon hides you in vain.
I love you still among these cold things.
Sometimes my kisses go on those heavy vessels
that cross the sea towards no arrival." - Pablo Neruda

My kisses float over the sea towards you. Towards the sunrise you see first.

And this last one... I found it in my heart.

The perfect picture to accentuate the following poem (written by me) is this.

My love can still reach you. You are never too far for that.

My kisses float over the sea towards you,
towards the sunrise you see first,
and the exotic land with which
you grace your presence.

Here I love you
with the strength of a thousand men
and I know it will pull you back eventually.
Here my heart still pounds
when they mention your name.
Here my dreams take me there,
to where you are awake,
because we are nearly in opposite time zones.

And the miles seem so far,
and I have only seen the Pacific Ocean
much further south than where
I would have to swim to reach you.

Boats can do it.
I cannot.
But my love can reach you,
taking no time at all.

No comments: