Saturday, August 1, 2009

Motorcycle Lesson

Today I got up and went with my dad to the deserted parking lot of Accawmacke Elementary, a school near my house. He drove the Honda Rebel and I drove my truck. We started out in the bus lot and I did some straightaways until I got used to starting without stalling out and putting my feet up. Then I worked on shifting, which is not something I'm used to. After that I moved onto turns, which I found rather simple. Then we moved into the car lot which was bigger and I started incorporating turning and shifting all together. It was really fun, awesome, and I made a lot of progress! I can drive a motorcycle now! Still not all that well, but hey! All I need is practice.

Also, it was Day 1 of Veg Month. I had, as usual, a cheese sandwich for lunch. My family was eating steak for dinner (and oh man it was flavored with wine and garlic and smelled heavenly) but they had me make homemade mac and cheese as a side, plus my mom made a really good fruit salad. We had blueberries, cantaloupe, kiwifruit, and nectarines - mmm! Also those delicious Sister Schubert's rolls. So, you know, I resisted the steak, but my meals of the day weren't especially healthy. Oh well. I'll work on it. The fruit, at least, was a good move!

No comments: